About Tours of Harvard Museum of Natural History
Group tours through the Harvard Museum of Natural History Learn the history of the museum as you immerse yourselves in it’s vast collections. You’ll see over 3,000 mineral specimens, collected from all over the world. You can use a digital “family tree” to discover the relationship between two animals, like a dolphin and a fire ant! You’ll see the newly renovated Great Mammal Hall, featuring animal specimens, including a Whale skeleton mounted in 1872. In Romer Hall you’ll find the evolutionary history of vertebrates including spectacularly preserved fishes, dinosaurs and early mammals. Finally, You’ll step inside the internationally acclaimed Glass Flowers exhibit: over 4,000 glass models depicting 847 species of plant in perfect detail. These are just some of the many galleries contained in the museum and tours can be tailored to fit your interests!
Check out our Private Group Tour Catalog!
Group Tour Benefits
- Harvard student guides greet your group on campus or at the museum.
- Tours are scheduled to fit your needs.
- Year-round availability.
- Multiple guides available for large groups
- Dedicated operations manager makes sure your event run smoothly.
- Each additional student: $19
- Each additional adult: $25
- Tour Operators booking multiple tours can request special rates.
MoNH Tour Themes Include
The Harvard Museum of Natural History Tour focuses its content on two major themes.
1. Historicity vs Modernity: Just about everything in the museum is a balance between a preservation of historical discoveries and a desire to showcase those discoveries in a modern, exciting way.
2. Museum Lore: Collections like those inside the museum don’t come about without collecting some great stories as well. We’ll tell you all about how the museum came to find some of it’s greatest displays.
Our tour travels all throughout the museum of Natural History! The galleries you will see include:
– The Glass Flowers: Officially the Ware Collection of Blaschka Glass Models of Plants, the “Glass Flowers,” includes over 4,000 models, representing more than 830 plant species – all made from glass.
– Great Mammal Hall: A recently renovated exhibit, this hall contains specimens of all types of mammals from giraffes and bison, to flying squirrels and whales.
– Romer Hall of Vertebrate Paleontology: Showcases the evolutionary history of vertebrates, including spectacularly preserved fishes, dinosaurs, and diminutive early mammals.
– And many others!
The World Famous Glass Flowers collection
The world’s only mounted Kronosaurus, a 42-foot-long prehistoric marine reptile
One of the first Triceratops skulls ever discovered
The world’s largest turtle shell from the extinct Stupendemys Geographicus
3,000 specimens of minerals, gemstones, and meteorites
Tours are given in English
También hacemos los tours en español
우리는 또한 한국 투어 도하지
Nous faisons également des conférences en français