About our History of Harvard Athletics Tour
Group tours highlighting the history of Harvard Athletics are hosted by charismatic Harvard students & athletes. Dynamic and knowledgeable guides entertain and inspire with stories about the history of Harvard’s athletic program and its influence on collegiate sports. You’ll learn how Harvard practically created modern football; we’ll tell you about the famous people who have worn the Crimson uniform. The tour will cover the history of Hockey, Football, Basketball, Crew, and much more. We travel away from Harvard Yard across the Charles River for views of the famous Harvard Boathouses. Next we walk to the Soldiers Field athletic area, the epicenter of today’s Harvard sports programs. We conclude the tour at the majestic Harvard Stadium, the oldest college stadium in the country. If you thought Harvard was all books and lectures, you’ll be shocked and inspired by all the sports this historic university has to offer!
Check out our Private Group Tour Catalog!
Group Tour Benefits
- Harvard student guides greet your group on campus.
- Tours are scheduled to fit your needs (size, time, language)
- Year-round availability.
- Visit to Harvard Stadium & other athletic facilities.
- Dedicated operations manager makes sure your event run smoothly.
- Each additional student: $12
- Each additional adult: $14
- Tour Operators booking multiple tours can request special rates.
Tour Themes: History of Harvard Athletics
Your tour will include three main themes:
1) Famous Harvard Athletes: From Jeremy Lin to President John F Kennedy and more, we’ll bring you the famous names who graced the fields and courts of Harvard.
2) Harvard Crimson Victories: Harvard students are well-known for their academic success; you’ll be amazed how many also bring home athletic titles.
3) The Harvard-Yale Rivalry: Learn the origins of this famous match-up and how it helped shape modern football!
Tour Stops: History of Harvard Athletics
Harvard’s main athletic facilities are located away from Harvard Yard across the Charles River. You might miss them all without an experienced Trademark guide! We’ll visit all of the following and more:
- Harvard Stadium
- Weld Boathouse
- Lavietes Basketball Pavilion
- Blodgett Pool
- Dillon Field House
- Malkin Athletic Facility
About our Tour Guides
Our History of Harvard Athletics tours are led by current Harvard students. Many are student athletes themselves!
Our guides have a passion for Crimson sports. They will entertain your group with our scripted tour material in addition to personal anecdotes about their favorites teams and sporting events. Whether your guide is a quarterback, coxswain, sports reporter or just a super-fan, you’ll get the very best of Harvard sports from our student guides.
Tours are given in English
También hacemos los tours en español
우리는 또한 한국 투어 도하지
Nous faisons également des conférences en français