About our Public Tour of MIT:
Public Tours of MIT are currently closed for the season. Please check back soon for our Spring Schedule!
Trademark Tours’ public tour of MIT is hosted by charismatic MIT students. Our dynamic and knowledgeable staff entertain and inspire with stories about MIT history and personal experience at the university they call home. The research and innovation that happens at MIT has a profound and direct impact on lives around the globe. Our tour highlights these stories and brings alive one of the most interesting campuses in the world.
For Private Tour options, check out our Private Group Tour Catalog!
Public Tour Calendar & Starting Location
- Public Tours of MIT are currently closed for the winter.
- Private Tours of MIT are still currently available. Learn more here!
- Our Tours of Harvard University run year round – learn more here!
- Public Tours will begin again in Spring 2018, view our schedule below
- March – May Tour Times: 11:30AM Sat & Sun Only
- June – August Tour Times: 11:30AM, 1:30PM weekdays; 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:30PM Sat & Sun
- September – October Tour Times: 11:30AM, 1:30PM Sat & Sun Only
- November Tour Times: 11:30AM Sat & Sun Only
MIT Tour Rates
- Adult (18+): $12.00
- Senior (60+): $10.50
- Child/Student (4-17): $10.50
- Infant (3 and under): Free
Tour of MIT Stops and Themes
MIT’s campus is hard to navigate – good thing you’ll have a top-notch tour guide to make sure you see all the important sites. We’ll cover the following… and then some!
- Kendall Square & the Stata Center
- The Green Building
- Great Dome
- Harvard (Mass Ave) Bridge
- Lobby 7 & the Infinite Corridor
Our public tour of MIT will include three main themes:
- MIT History: From its roots in Boston to its staggering growth today
- MIT Culture: MIT culture is stranger than fiction!
- Famous MIT alumni: You may not recognize their names, but you will certainly know their inventions!
Tour of MIT Press Highlights
Trademark Tours made a name for ourselves with the Hahvahd Tour, so when we started our Public Tours of MIT in 2016, it was hard to keep quiet! You can find articles below, from the Boston Globe and others, featuring Trademark Tours’ and our public tour of MIT.
Harvard/MIT Combo Tickets Available!
After your tour of MIT you’ll want to take a tour of that other famous university in Cambridge…Harvard! Trademark Tours runs a brilliant public tour of Harvard, led by Harvard students. Enjoy a discount when you purchase our tour of MIT and our tour of Harvard at the same time. Tickets can be redeemed any day and any time, so there’s lots of scheduling flexibility. Please budget 30 minutes to get from Harvard to MIT. Transportation is NOT included.