About our Public Tour of MIT:
Please note our 2016 public tour season has ended. Public Tours will resume May 2017. Until then please visit our private tour page to request a private tour of MIT.
Trademark Tours’ public tour of MIT is hosted by charismatic MIT students. Our dynamic and knowledgeable staff entertain and inspire with stories about MIT history and personal experience at the university they call home. The research and innovation that happens at MIT has a profound and direct impact on lives around the globe. Our tour highlights these stories and brings alive one of the most interesting campuses in the world.
For Private Tour options, check out our Private Group Tour Catalog!
Public Tour Calendar & Starting Location
- Our public tour season has ended. Public Tours will resume May 2017
- Until then please visit our private tour page to request a private tour of MIT.
- Tours start outside the Kendall Square Red Line Subway Station. The closest street address is 300 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02142
MIT Tour Rates
- Adult (18+): $12.00
- Senior (60+): $10.50
- Child/Student (4-17): $10.50
- Infant (3 and under): Free
Tour of MIT Themes Include
Our public tour of MIT will include three main themes:
- MIT History: From its roots in Boston to its staggering growth today in Cambridge, we bring you through the history of MIT.
- MIT Culture: MIT culture is stranger than fiction! You’re going to love learning about MIT student traditions.
- Famous MIT alumni: You may not recognize their names, but you will certainly know their inventions!
Tour of MIT Main Tour Stops Include
MIT’s campus is hard to navigate – good thing you’ll have a top-notch tour guide to make sure you see all the important sites. We’ll cover the following… and then some!
- Kendall Square & the Stata Center
- The Green Building
- Great Dome
- Harvard (Mass Ave) Bridge
- Lobby 7 & the Infinite Corridor
Combo Tickets Available!
After your tour of MIT you’ll want to take a tour of that other famous university in Cambridge…Harvard! Trademark Tours runs a brilliant public tour of Harvard, led by Harvard students. Enjoy a discount when you purchase our tour of MIT and our tour of Harvard at the same time. Tickets can be redeemed any day and any time, so there’s lots of scheduling flexibility.