About our Public Tour of MIT:
Trademark Tours’ public tour of MIT is hosted by charismatic MIT students. Our dynamic and knowledgeable staff entertain and inspire with stories about MIT history and personal experience at the university they call home. The research and innovation that happens at MIT has a profound and direct impact on lives around the globe. Our tour highlights these stories and brings alive one of the most interesting campuses in the world.
For Private Tour options, check out our Private Group Tour Catalog!
Public Tour Calendar & Starting Location
UPDATE: The weekend schedule is running with the following limited availability:
Friday, June 16: 11:30AM, 1:30PM
Saturday, June 17: 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:30PM
Sunday, June 18: 11:30AM, 1:30PM
- Public Tours of MIT will run 7 Days a week rain or shine From May 26, 2017 – Sept 2, 2017 typically at the following times:
- Monday – Thursday: 11:30AM
- Friday – Sunday: 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:30PM
- Tours start outside the Kendall Square Red Line Subway Station. The closest street address is 300 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02142. The closest major landmark is the MIT COOP.
- Tickets are available by clicking “Book Now”. Tickets are valid for any tour time.
MIT Tour Rates
- Adult (18+): $12.00
- Senior (60+): $10.50
- Child/Student (4-17): $10.50
- Infant (3 and under): Free
Tour of MIT Stops and Themes
MIT’s campus is hard to navigate – good thing you’ll have a top-notch tour guide to make sure you see all the important sites. We’ll cover the following… and then some!
- Kendall Square & the Stata Center
- The Green Building
- Great Dome
- Harvard (Mass Ave) Bridge
- Lobby 7 & the Infinite Corridor
Our public tour of MIT will include three main themes:
- MIT History: From its roots in Boston to its staggering growth today
- MIT Culture: MIT culture is stranger than fiction!
- Famous MIT alumni: You may not recognize their names, but you will certainly know their inventions!
Tour of MIT Press Highlights
Trademark Tours made a name for ourselves with the Hahvahd Tour, so when we started our Public Tours of MIT in 2016, it was hard to keep quiet! You can find articles below, from the Boston Globe and others, featuring Trademark Tours’ and our public tour of MIT.
Harvard/MIT Combo Tickets Available!
After your tour of MIT you’ll want to take a tour of that other famous university in Cambridge…Harvard! Trademark Tours runs a brilliant public tour of Harvard, led by Harvard students. Enjoy a discount when you purchase our tour of MIT and our tour of Harvard at the same time. Tickets can be redeemed any day and any time, so there’s lots of scheduling flexibility. Please budget 30 minutes to get from Harvard to MIT. Transportation is NOT included.